About Jim Schleif
- 37 years of sales, marketing, new business development and communications, 51+ years counting Anne.
- 28 years of contemporary leadership, management and real estate investment experience.
- Celebrating 15 years working with teammate and Lead Associate Anne Jackson.
- 75-percent of my business in the Northshore and City of Milwaukee Neighborhoods.
- Award winning rehabber. Possess expansive network of contractor resources to assist clients in restoring, remodeling or preparing their homes homes for sale.
- I work in all price ranges.
- Confident public speaker and robust writer.
- Expansive Southeastern Wisconsin network.
- Sell 25-30-percent of my own listings myself as I am carrying 6-10 buyers at all times.
- 2021 closed sales of $35 million (USD)
- No. 1 Company wide in Volume in 2010 - 2014, 2016
- No. 1 Office Leader for Shorewest's Northshore office - 2008 - 2014, 2016 - 2021
- No. 3 Broker for City of Milwaukee Sales in 2015
- Over $445 million (USD) in career sales
- Career high sales of $38.5 million (USD) in 2014 - all-time company record in 70 years
- Voted LGBT Community's Top Realtor in 2010 by Wisconsin Gazette Readers
- Areas of Specialization: North and South Shores, Bayview, Upper & Lower Eastside, Downtown, Tosa, Western Burbs, luxury properties,condos, and investment properties
- Member - President's Club, Million Dollar Club, National Sales Award
- Voted Milwaukee Magazine "Best in Customer Satisfaction" yearly since 2007
- Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist (CLMHS)
- CLHMS Guild Member (3+ sales over $1 Million in past 12 Months)
- Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
- Certified Real Estate Negotiator(CREN)
- Certified Shorewest Relocation Specialist (CSRS)
- Accredited Buyer's Agent (ABR)
- Graduate of UW-Madison 1987 with honors in International Relations and French
- Milwaukee Business Journal "Forty Under Forty" Award
- Personal Residence featured on HGTV
Current Volunteer Roles:
Greater Milwaukee Foundation "Greater Together" Campaign Cabinet Member, The Nature Conservancy-Wisconsin Chapter Board Trustee, The Nature Conservancy "Wisconsin Paths" Campaign Cabinet Member; Ice Age Trail Alliance Segment Steward; Immanuel Presbyterian Church: Cuba Mission Team Member, Member of Session, Board of Trustees President (2018), Co-chair Stewardship Committee, (2016-2018); Co-chair Franciscan Villa Cultural & Therapy Gardens (nursing/memory care residence in South Milwaukee); ReFlo (focus on sustainable water solutions, green infrastructure projects and equity) schoolyard redevelopment volunteer.
James A. Schleif and William H. Morley fund of the Greater Milwaukee Foundation dedicated to conservation, the advancement of human rights and the alleviation of poverty in all its forms. Annual grants of $25-$50,000. UW - Madison Nelson Institute of Environmental Sciences annual Study Abroad Scholarship.
Past Volunteer Roles:
Urban Ecology Center Board Director (2007-2019; Board VP 2018 & 2019); Literacy Services of Wisconsin Tutor; Radio 88.9 Milwaukee Building Campaign Cabinet Member; Wisconsin Humane Society Paws for Claws Gala 2017 Co-chair; Member of Cream City Foundation Board of Directors (2003-2012); Alliance Francaise Board; Founding Member Milwaukee LGBT Community Center; Distinguished Alumni Board UW Madison - Office of International Studies; Studied Junior Year Abroad in Aix-en-Provence, France
Past Work Experience:
Nonprofit Executive Leadership, fundraising, retail sales, marketing and management
Own Seven Hills Real Estate Enterprises - real estate investment LLC (rehab and multifamily holding company)
Nature Conservancy; Historic Water Tower Trust Neighborhood Association; Lake Park Friends; Washington Heights Neighborhood Association; Doctors Without Borders; Historic Milwaukee; National Trust for Historic Preservation; Urban Ecology Center; Immanuel Presbyterian Church-Milwaukee; Master Gardener - UW Extension of SE Wisconsin; Human Rights League; Literacy Services of Wisconsin; Milwaukee Art Museum President's Circle; Radio 88.9, Best Friends; Wisconsin Humane Society; Zoological Society of Milwaukee; Forest Service Employees for Environmental Ethics; Ice Age Trail Alliance.
Hobbies and Interests:
Camping; global adventure travel; volunteering; mission service; kayaking; sailing; trekking; rock climbing; reading; writing; cooking; gardening; cycling; entertaining; skiing; horticultural therapy